Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make kickin' chicken tonight. Olive oil and red wine create an Italian flavor for this simple chicken and vegetable dish. Serve it over whole-grain pasta to round out the meal. GOOD TO KNOW: Whip up this protein-packed chicken dish, full of flavor. Add a side of whole-grain rice, pasta, or a multigrain roll. Fiber helps you feel full longer.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow bell peppers or 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato and basil pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper over chicken; cook 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate; set aside.
- Combine bell pepper and mushrooms in skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook 2 minutes. Stir in sauce; heat through. Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat and simmer, turning once, 4 minutes or until cooked through. Top with parsley.