Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make kickin' chicken tonight. Olive oil and red wine create an Italian flavor for this simple chicken and vegetable dish. Serve it over whole-grain pasta to round out the meal. GOOD TO KNOW: Whip up this protein-packed chicken dish, full of flavor. Add a side of whole-grain rice, pasta, or a multigrain roll. Fiber helps you feel full longer.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow bell peppers or 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato and basil pasta sauce (such as Classico)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper over chicken; cook 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate; set aside.
- Combine bell pepper and mushrooms in skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook 2 minutes. Stir in sauce; heat through. Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat and simmer, turning once, 4 minutes or until cooked through. Top with parsley.