Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here is a quick candied yams recipe. enjoy!
- 1 (40 ounce) can yams
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows (optional)
- Pour can of Yams in a casserole (or oven safe cookware).
- Pour out half of the liquid.
- Sprinkle Yams with Brown Sugar, Raisins and mix well.
- Pat Butter on top.
- Place in preheated 350 oven for 30-35 minutes.
- If you choose to use the Marshmallows wait until done place Marshmallows top and let cook 5 more minutes.
First of all, I've had this recipe printed out since 01/22/07 and I wish I would've made this alot sooner.And now on to my review,I made the recipe as written,except I didn't add the raisins( I just don't do raisins)And being from the south adding marshmellows to sweet potatoes is a requirement,not an option.:).But the next time I make these,and they will be made again,I will drain all but about 1/4 cup of the liquid and cut the brown sugar bake to about 1/2 cup.They way it was written was just a little too sweet for us.Thank you for posting,and "Keep Smiling:)"
Thanks so much! This was very easy to make. I added some cinnamon and nutmeg to mine and it came out great. First Christmas at my house was great!
These were super simple to make and delicious! I added a generous sprinkling of cinnamon to mine. I will definitely be making them again. Thanks for posting!