Recipe by Janae'
This is really good served with Warm Cream...
Top Review by coconutcream
My family seemed to enjoy this more than I did, but it was still pretty good. The crisp biscuit pieces (I quarted Grands) were the best part...especially after I topped them with vanilla ice cream! I'm not sure if it was the apple pie filling I had or the inclusion of lemon juice, but the apples had a bit of a tangy flavor that I didn't really care for. Also, I only had a 21 oz. can of apples, so I used that, baking in an 8x8 dish, and I kind of wished I'd had a little more! I had to double the cinnamon sugar and butter... But overall, this really was quick and easy and definitely served its purpose! Thanks!
- 1 (16 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) can biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- To make cinnamon mixture combine 3 T. Sugar with 1 teaspoons Cinnamon.
- In a pan combine pie filling, lemon juice & nutmeg.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cut biscuits in half & dip in melted butter, turn in cinnamon mixture and place on hot apple mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes.