Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is really versatile, so substituting is always a possibility. You could use any number of ingredients, but this is my favorite combo. I also recommend baking this with a cookie sheet underneath. That makes it easier to transport in and out of the oven. To save on calories, try doing this with out the crust, but make sure to spray the pie plate with non stick spray.
- 1 store bought pie crust, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 lb low-sodium ham, diced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- salt & pepper
- Sauté diced onions and dill in olive oil until they are translucent and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Press pie crust into 9-inch pie plate.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs, add 1/2 and 1/2 and whisk.
- Spread onions, cheese and ham on the bottom of the pie plate.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until tooth pick test comes out clean and the top is browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.