Recipe by stimied
My herb garden is overflowing this year. This was a quick and easy way to have a fresh tasting dinner, and use up some of my bountiful harvest! Serve with a nice green salad and warm bread.
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1 lb cooked pasta (I like Penne)
- 1 quart prepared pasta sauce (I use home cooked, but a jar would work just fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, basil, parsley, oregano, and pepper flakes together in a shallow bowl.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or as long as 2 hours.
- Grill or broil chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, or until throughly cooked.
- Serve by spooning warmed sauce over hot pasta, slice the chicken and arrange on top.