1/3 Photos of Quick and Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This takes no time to prepare, I have tryed this using different flavor soups, I find that cream of chicken and celery are the best, or use 2 cans cream of chicken, I also like to add the garlic powder and also a pinch of cayenne pepper to the soup mixture :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (16 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 3/4 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a medium-size casserole dish.
- 3Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- 4Add the uncooked rice to the soup mixture; mix until combined.
- 5Transfer the soup/rice mixture to the casserole then spread out in the dish.
- 6Place the chicken on top of the mixture.
- 7Sprinkle with the dry onion soup.
- 8Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until rice is cooked and the chicken is done.
- 9Allow to stand for 10 mins before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.9
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 166.8 mg
- Sodium 2239.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 54.6 g