Cook1 hr 30 mins
This takes no time to prepare, I have tryed this using different flavor soups, I find that cream of chicken and celery are the best, or use 2 cans cream of chicken, I also like to add the garlic powder and also a pinch of cayenne pepper to the soup mixture :)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (16 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a medium-size casserole dish.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the uncooked rice to the soup mixture; mix until combined.
- Transfer the soup/rice mixture to the casserole then spread out in the dish.
- Place the chicken on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle with the dry onion soup.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until rice is cooked and the chicken is done.
- Allow to stand for 10 mins before serving.