Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this in an email from Qdoba. Can't wait to try it!
Make and share this Qdoba's Poblano Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 medium poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, de-seeded, and diced into 1/4-inch pieces (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 4 ounces mild green chilies, canned
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, de-seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon pepitas, toasted and finely ground (you can also substitute pinenuts)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt (or less, depending on preference)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a small saucepan, then add garlic and saute' on medium heat. Garlic needs to cook, not brown.
- Once the garlic is cooked (not browned), add the poblano chiles, green chiles, jalapenos and water. Turn heat down low enough just to maintain a simmer and cook ten minutes.
- After cooking, most of the water should have evaporated and chiles should be tender. Add almond meal, toasted pepitas, salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a minimum of ten minutes. The cooling ensures that the lime juice and cilantro do not cook when you add them, as this can change their flavor dramatically.
- Add cilantro and lime juice, and stir to blend.
- Serve and enjoy!