Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this in an email from Qdoba. Can't wait to try it!
Make and share this Qdoba's Poblano Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 medium poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, de-seeded, and diced into 1/4-inch pieces (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 4 ounces mild green chilies, canned
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, de-seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon pepitas, toasted and finely ground (you can also substitute pinenuts)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt (or less, depending on preference)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a small saucepan, then add garlic and saute' on medium heat. Garlic needs to cook, not brown.
- Once the garlic is cooked (not browned), add the poblano chiles, green chiles, jalapenos and water. Turn heat down low enough just to maintain a simmer and cook ten minutes.
- After cooking, most of the water should have evaporated and chiles should be tender. Add almond meal, toasted pepitas, salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a minimum of ten minutes. The cooling ensures that the lime juice and cilantro do not cook when you add them, as this can change their flavor dramatically.
- Add cilantro and lime juice, and stir to blend.
- Serve and enjoy!