Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in 'Garlic & Sapphires' by Ruth Reichl. I tried it & loved it. I hope I remember it correctly...it's soo easy.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 medium potato, cut into small cubes
- 4 bunches watercress (1-1 1/2 lbs)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Bring a pot of water & salt to a boil. Add potato. Boil until very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Add watercres. When the water comes back to a boil, cook 1 minute.
- Drain & press down to get all the liquid out. puree in a food processor, add butter, puree again. Season to taste.
My DD and I just loved this! It was super easy to make a delicious creamy comfort food. I used my blender to puree the mixture of ingredients. Made for Veg "N Swap #19 tag. Thanks for posting!
Gosh - we loved this. Almost like creamed spinach/comfort food, but with the different taste of watercress. I didn/t want to add all that butter, so I added some chicken base to the water when I cooked the potato, and used way less salt. I did use 2 T butter. The recipe didn't say how much water to use, so I used about 1 inch over the potatoes, figuring the watercress would cook down quite a bit, and I was right - this worked well. This was so easy that I will probably make it again, and maybe use the method for other veggies as well. Thanks, Elmotoo, for posting.