Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This combination of Oriental flavors can be used on everything from chicken, asparagus, avocado, sautéed veal cutlets, etc. It is from the Supermarket Epicure cookbook and I haven't tried it yet. I like the way it sounds with such easy preparation and ingredients I keep stocked in my pantry.
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned chick-peas, also known as garbanzos, drained
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, vinegar, and soy sauce in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel chopping blade and process into a smooth puree, scraping down the work bowl as needed.
- With the motor running, pour the sesame and vegetable oils through the feed tube in a slow, steady stream.
- The vinaigrette will be creamy and thick.
- Scrape into a screw-top glass jar and refrigerate until needed.