Recipe by Yahtzee
The balsamic and honey dressing really compliment the sweet taste of the pumpkin, swede and garlic in this dish. It would be perfect served with any game meat.
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin
- 1 swede
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (depending on size)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (roughly chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the pumpkin and swede and cut into 1 cm chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan until it is shimmering. (quite hot).
- While oil is heating peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves and rough chop the parsely. Set aside.
- Fry the pumpkin and swede chunks. Ensure that an even colour is achieved on all sides of the chunks. This should not take longer than 4-5 minutes.
- Lower the heat. (slow simmer).
- Add paprika, pepper and garlic. Stir through gently for 1 minute.
- Add honey and balsamic vinegar. Sir until heated.
- Serve garnished with parsely.