Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Super easy dessert made with pre-packaged cake mix.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Streusel: Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add butter and nuts. Set aside.
- Cake: Combine cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, and 1/4 cup butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 minutes. Spread half of the batter into ungreased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in pan. Sprinkle half of streusel over batter. Spread remaining batter over streusel. Top with remaining streusel.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick test passes.
This cake was great... My brother in law liked it so much he had 3 pieces. I used a spice cake mix. I made only half the steusel topping and just put in on the top of the cake. I didn't think it would need it with the spice cake in the batter. It was very moist and even better the next day. I used Splenda Brown Sugar Blend to make it a bit healthier but then accidently put in too much butter. It still was wonderful. Thanks.