Recipe by Annacia
Heres something different for Autumn and Winter! These luscious cookies feature a crispy gingersnap layer on the outside and a creamy chocolate center. Yummm. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped gingersnaps, about 10 cookies
- 1⁄3 cup finely crushed gingersnaps, about 7 cookies (and,or 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl combine chocolate pieces, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl place whipping cream.
- Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 70 seconds or until boiling (or place cream in saucepan and bring just to boiling).
- Pour cream over chocolate mixture and let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Stir in chopped gingersnaps.
- Cover; refrigerate 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until firm but soft enough to form into balls.
- Place crushed gingersnaps and/or cocoa powder in small bowl(s).
- Using a small spoon, scoop 1-tablespoon portions of truffle mixture and shape into balls.
- Roll in crushed gingersnaps or cocoa powder to coat.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator, up to 3 days. Makes 20 to 25 truffles.