Recipe by MsTeechur
These are light and fluffy with an amazing flavor. In fact, they're so good that topping them in optional. Even better the next day, toasted in a toaster!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and let sit so it cools a bit.
- Sift together all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg and add rest of wet ingredients, including butter. Whisk well.
- Fold in wet mixture to dry.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle. Griddle is the perfect temperature when you drop a drop of water on it and it "dances".
- Cook on one side until top is dull and the bubbles have popped.
- Flip over, press down a little, and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with jam, apple butter, pumpkin butter, or cider dressing.