Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
I had a can of pumpkin puree (leftover from Pumpkin Whoopie Pies) to use up, so I whipped up -- or rather, blended -- this simple smoothie for breakfast. Increase the honey (or other alternative sweetener) if you want a sweeter flavor. Throw in more pumpkin spice if you want it, well, spicier.
- 1 cup soymilk (plain or vanilla-flavored, low-fat if possible)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 banana, cut up and frozen
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave nectar but less because it's sweeter)
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (or mix of ginger, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon)
- 4 -5 medium ice cubes
- Place a cut-up banana in a freezer-friendly container and store in the freezer overnight to freeze.
- In the morning, add the soymilk, pumpkin puree, banana pieces, honey, wheat germ, spices and ice cubes to a blender. Blend until smooth and frothy. Serve.