Recipe by PaulaG
A delicious fall treat.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
YOU'VE GOT A GREAT WAFFLE RECIPE HERE! Made these pretty much as indicated! Used pumpkin puree & toasted pecans for a satisfying breakfast! Even pumped up the main taste by using pumpkin butter, then topped it all with some light corn syrup! VERY, VERY NICE! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #22]
- 118.29 ml sourdough starter, freshly fed
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml old-fashioned oatmeal
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice (I used Baking Spice Blend Mix)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml pumpkin or 236.59 ml butternut squash puree
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 59.14-78.07 ml milk, as needed
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans or 59.14 ml walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the oats in a blender container and process to break up flakes.
- In a medium bowl combine the processed oats, flour, spice blend, salt, baking soda and brown sugar.
- Add the pumpkin, egg and butter stirring to combine; add the starter and the milk as needed to reach proper consistency for a thick waffle batter; stir in nuts.
- Bake on preheated waffle iron as per manufacturers suggestion.