A delicious and simple snack or dessert that can be left raw or baked in the oven. It is also completely sugar-free. Select raisins that are moist. If the only raisins that you can find are dry and hard, try soaking them for a few hours. Note: It makes a really good granola if it ends up too crumbly. You can also use the seed and raisin mixture to make a pie crust.
- Mix the seeds and raisins in a food processor until you get a mixture that clumps together. You may need to stop the machine and clear any raisins that get stuck to the blade. You can also use a spice grinder (i.e: coffee grinder used only for spices), but it takes longer.
- Grate the lemon or lime, and set aside the juice.
- Place seed and raisin mixture in a bowl and add the ginger, salt and lemon rind.
- Using a wet fork, spread mixture onto a oiled cookie sheet to make a thin layer. Use the side of a metal spatula to cut the sheet into squares. Note: If you have a no-stick or stainless steel cookie sheet, you don't need to oil it first.
- Leave raw or bake in the oven at 275 degrees F for 11 minutes until toasted and slightly crispy.
- Slice the bananas and strawberries. Place bananas slices in a small bowl and add the lemon juice.
- Once the squares have cooled, add a slice of banana and strawberry to each one.