Recipe by littleturtle
Rich pumpkin rum cake. Baba was introduced into France in the 18th century via Alsace Lorraine. Originally baba was similar to babka, a tall cylindrical yeast cake, but saturated in liquor, usually rum.
Top Review by forthefunofit
Easy to put together, and it tastes yummy! I made it on a night family was coming for dinner, everyone liked it. I added nuts to the topping, otherwise I followed it exactly. I will be making this often this fall. Thank you for posting!
- butter, to grease pan
- flour, to dust pan
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (20 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Generously grease a bundt pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess.
- In a large mixing bowl, at low speed, beat pumpkin with eggs, butter, milk and spice until well blended; gradually add cake mix.
- Gradually increase mixer speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes, occasionally scraping sides, continuing to mix until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake until golden (1 hour).
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then on rack for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and orange juice.
- Heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly, and mixture boils.
- Stir in rum and cinnamon, and remove from heat.
- Baste cake with sauce.