I just received this in an email from SC Johnson and Co., and I am so intrigued! They say "A tangy-sweet pumpkin sauce is the surprising base of this pizza topped with shallots, grapes and, naturally, mozzarella." I will likely use a homemade crust. Please note that the sauce makes a double batch and you will only use half on the pizza.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water, divided
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shallots, sliced and cut into rings about 1/8-inch thick
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pizza crust, 10 to 12 inches in diameter
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2In a large, nonstick skillet over low heat add the olive oil and 3 Tablespoons water. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium-size pot over medium heat combine the pumpkin puree, 1 cup water, cider vinegar, rosemary, salt and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low and cook until heated through and thickened slightly (about 5 to 7 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- 4Place the pizza crust in the oven directly on the middle rack, top side down. Cook for 3 minutes. Carefully remove the crust. Spread about half of the pumpkin sauce over the top of the pizza crust (save the rest for another pizza or to use as a pasta sauce). Distribute half of the mozzarella cheese over the sauce. Distribute the shallots over the cheese and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the shallots. Place the pizza in the oven directly on the oven rack and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the mozzarella melts.
- 5Using a large spatula and oven mitts, carefully remove the pizza. Place the pizza on a large cutting board. Sprinkle the arugula and grapes evenly over the pizza. Cut and serve warm.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pizza With Grapes (Savory)
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.7
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: