Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Spicy pumpkin pie topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with candied ginger. This Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash! is very informative on how to make puree out of fresh squash be it pumpkin, acorn, butternut .......
- 2 count package Pillsbury ready made pie dough
- 946.36 ml pumpkin puree
- 340.19 g evaporated milk
- 4 eggs, mixed
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 0.59 ml clove
- 283.49 g whipped cream
- 28.34-56.69 g candied ginger, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out pie dough and line 2 large pie plates.
- Mix all filling ingredients (excluding whipped cream and candied ginger) with whisk.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425°F for for 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 325°F and bake for 45 more minutes, or until set.
- Cool pies. Top with cream and sprinkle ginger over cream.
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was lovely! I loved the addition of the ginger in the topping. Thanks for posting Rita! Debbie