Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size is 1 cup. 147 calories, 3.3 g fat, 27 g. carbs, 2.2 g fiber, 7 mg cholesterol.
- 4 cups cubed peeled fresh pumpkin (1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled pears
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam pumpkin, covered, for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Add pumpkin, pear, and the next 7 ingredients into a large mixing bowl; toss gently to coat.
- Spoon mixture into a 11x7 inch baking dish that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake in a 400° oven for 20 minutes.
- Place bread in the container of a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs for to measure 1 cup.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, and butter.
- Uncover gratin; sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the top.
- Bake 10 more minutes or until golden brown.