Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This spread is a great addition to any holiday table. It is best served with a sharp white cheddar cheese and hearty bread. You can use either fresh or canned pumpkin for this recipe. The cooking time is actually the time needed to cool the spread before you can use it.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a medium sauce pan bring pumpkin, marmalade, and ginger to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and cool about 1 hour.
- Makes 3 cups of spread and will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
What an excellent quick and easy spread! I kinds cheated and microwaved this, stirring in about 45 second intervels for about 2 or 3 minutes or so. I dont know how much I would have liked this paired with savory such as white chedder cheese, so I have enjoyed this on crossiant rolls today and loved it! This is a very tasty spread that does not in any way look or taste like it took minutes to make!