Recipe by senseicheryl
This is a NEW recipe from the www.pillsbury.com website! You should see how YUMMY the picture looks! Note: The cook time listed included cooling time.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Was so happy to see this listed here - my DD saw the same recipe in a newspaper and made it for our Thanksgiving dinner. The struesil layer made for a wonderful addition that just set off the pumpkin wonderful. She followed the directions exactly and the marshmallows made for a very pretty (though messy to cute) presentation. I do think that next time I'd leave off the marshmellows and give it a simple whipped cream topping for our personal preferance. But overall loved it for the differance the struesil layer made and will be making it again.
For the Crust
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
For the Streusel
- 1⁄2 cup gingersnap cookie, crushed (9 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (or margarine, softened)
For the Filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
For the Topping
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F Place cookie sheet on middle oven rack. Unroll pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. In small bowl, mix streusel ingredients. Sprinkle streusel in crust-lined pie plate.
- In large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour into pie crust on top of streusel. Place pie plate on cookie sheet in oven. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F Bake 35 to 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 3 hours.
- Just before serving, set oven control to broil. Spread marshmallows evenly over top of pie, completely covering filling. Broil pie with top about 5 inches from heat about 30 seconds, watching carefully, until marshmallows are lightly browned. Marshmallows will brown quickly. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.