Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a NEW recipe from the www.pillsbury.com website! You should see how YUMMY the picture looks! Note: The cook time listed included cooling time.
For the Crust
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
For the Streusel
- 1⁄2 cup gingersnap cookie, crushed (9 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (or margarine, softened)
For the Filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
For the Topping
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 425°F Place cookie sheet on middle oven rack. Unroll pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. In small bowl, mix streusel ingredients. Sprinkle streusel in crust-lined pie plate.
- In large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour into pie crust on top of streusel. Place pie plate on cookie sheet in oven. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F Bake 35 to 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 3 hours.
- Just before serving, set oven control to broil. Spread marshmallows evenly over top of pie, completely covering filling. Broil pie with top about 5 inches from heat about 30 seconds, watching carefully, until marshmallows are lightly browned. Marshmallows will brown quickly. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Was so happy to see this listed here - my DD saw the same recipe in a newspaper and made it for our Thanksgiving dinner. The struesil layer made for a wonderful addition that just set off the pumpkin wonderful. She followed the directions exactly and the marshmallows made for a very pretty (though messy to cute) presentation. I do think that next time I'd leave off the marshmellows and give it a simple whipped cream topping for our personal preferance. But overall loved it for the differance the struesil layer made and will be making it again.