Posted this recipe by request. Dogs love these dog treats! I can't remember how many treats this recipe makes, so I just guessed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend eggs and pumpkin together; add salt, dry milk, and flour.
- Add water as needed to make the dough somewhat workable.
- The dough should be dry and stiff, don't be concerned with crumbs being left in the bowl.
- You will need to mix this with your hands because it is too stiff for an electric mixer.
- Roll to 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut into shapes.
- Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake another 20 minutes.
Woof woof woof woof woof means 5 stars from my furkids! These were so easy to make! I used whole wheat flour and chicken broth instead of water, only because I had it on hand. These biscuts will become a regular treat for my dogs! Thanks for posting!
P.S. I baked these on a pizza screen and didn't have to turn them halfway through-and they cooked in 20 minutes very nicely!
Rascal gives these a two paws up! I roll them out and cut them with the pizza wheel. The dog follows me around the kitchen from the time I get the ingredients out until I take them out of the oven. They are his favorite treat! Thanks Kim for a real puppy pleaser. UPDATE: I started out making these biscuits with white flour and then switched to wheat, thinking they would be healthier. Rascal developed allergies and though the vet thought that the cause was environmental, he suggested cutting out wheat just to be on the safe side...so we're back to white flour and Rascal could care less one way or the other. ;) They're still his favorite.