Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great thing to make when the ladies are coming over for coffee.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts
- Cream butter and sugar together add egg,vanilla and pumpkin.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greases sheets.
- Bake 375 15 minutes until light brown.
The flavor was fine, but the cookies were much too cakey for my taste.
Very moist and soft! My son and I really enjoyed these. My husband thought they were overly cake-y, I'm not sure I think that is a con though.
We used raisins, no nuts or ginger. Cooked about 13min per tray and got 3.5 dozen.
These cookies are great. I added more spices and sugar to the recipe. My family loves anything pumpkin a little spicy. Next time I will only add half as much salt. It was a little to salty for my taste, other than that they are yummy!