Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Here's our "breakfast for dinner/brinner" this week. I ended up doubling this recipe and freezing a batch! Still working on my "Freezer Stock Up" list for the time being...Hoping to get it posted next week. :D
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk or 1 3⁄4 cups rice milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 orange
- 2 apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Make waffle batter (all above ingredients minus the orange, apples, butter and syrup) in a blender or mixing bowl with hand mixer.
- Place on greased waffle iron. Cook until steam stops escaping from the waffle iron.
- Cut oranges and apples.
- Serve Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles with Fruit topped with Butter and Syrup.