Recipe comes from Nestle. The pumpkin flavor is subtle. I have completely omitted the allspice many times and still gotten good results.
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9-inch-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, egg, egg whites and oil. Beat until blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, cocoa, cinnamon, allspice, salt: beat until batter is smooth.
- Stir in morsels. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares when cooled.