Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet but I thought it looked interesting. Be sure to serve it immediately so it doesn't fall. This is a Kinetix recipe.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1⁄2 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy flour
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Bring a kettle of water to a boil and set aside. Spray 6 8-ounce ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender combine the pumpkin, cottage cheese, soy flour, brown sugar, egg yolk, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and pepper and puree until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides of the food processor once or twice.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk, combine all the egg whites and the pinch of salt and beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Pour the contents of the food processor into the whites and fold together until well blended. Spoon into the prepared ramekins and place 5 of the ramekins in a large roasting pan. Set the pan in the oven and pour in water to come 1-inch up the sides of the ramekins. Place the remaining ramekin in the pan and bake until puffed and browned about 35 to 40 minutes. Sift the powdered sugar over and serve.