Recipe by Missmagill
These are a creation of mine...they are unique tasting muffins. Certainly out of the norm. If you want to try something new, try these! They are high in healthy fats and carbs.
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 30 ounces pumpkin pie mix
- 1 large banana (overripe, about 3/4 cup)
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup crushed walnuts or 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tins with paper cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt in a large bowl. Stir until mixed well.
- In a separate bowl combine all the other ingredients and stip until smooth.
- Little by little, add the flour mix to the pumpkin mix. Mix only until combined.
- Divide into muffin pan and sprinkle with graham cranker crumbs or cinnamon sugar if desired.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick will come out of a muffin without batter on it.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack and cool.