Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Different twist on lasagna.
- 1 (21 ounce) pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces fresh lasagna sheets
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Cut the pumpkin into thin slices and arrange on the cookie sheet in a single layer. Brush slices with oil and cook for 1 hour, or until softened, turning halfway through cooking.
- In a bowl, add ricotta, pine nuts, basil, garlic, and Parmesan. Mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Cook the lasagne sheets according to the package directions.
- Brush a square 8 inch ovenproof dish with oil. Arrange one third of the pasta sheets over the base of the dish and spread with the ricotta mixture. Top with half of the remaining lasagne sheets.
- Arrange the pumpkin evenly over the pasta with as few gaps as possible. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Top with the final layer of pasta sheets. Sprinkle mozzerella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
I loved the unusual flavor combinations in this lasagna. Definitely a keeper!