Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an old favorite of ours. I found it years ago in an issue of Reminisce and have been making it ever since. The ingredients are so simple, yet the results are so delicious. The best part of having this bread is tearing it apart and eating it warm.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a skillet, saute garlic in butter, set aside.
- Separate biscuits.
- Place half in an even layer in a greased 9" spring-form pan.
- Brush with butter mixture, sprinkle with half of the cheese and herbs.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan-- serve warm.
Very good for a quick, tasty dinner bread. The taste reminded me of the cheesey biscuits we used to get at Red Lobster. I found the amount of butter to be excessive - I wonder if you menat 1/4 stick of butter rather than 1/4 cup? Most of the butter was left over. Mine cooked very quickly - just over 15 minutes, although there were a couple of doughy parts and a few overbrowned areas on the edges. But these were all minor issues - the finished product was very attractive looking and tasted very good. Thank you.
Super quick, and super yummy! My kids just discovered how wonderful monkey bread is, and thought that this was just as fun! I added a little parmesan cheese on top too. A definate keeper! Thanks for posting!
I prepared this as a side for some homemade chicken, rice and veggie soup. The herbs, cheese and garlic of this bread were a nice compliment to the soup. I did cut the ingredients back to suit only one can of biscuits, and reduced the amount of butter even further. I also covered my baking pan with foil about halfway through baking because the top was browning too quickly. I was afraid that the top would burn before the middle biscuits were baked through. We enjoyed these biscuits, and think it made a great side dish.