Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Amazing low cal salad! Created by my sister and now a great favourite at all our pot lucks! Goes well with all barbequed meals.....tastes very good with other dishes too!
- 1 medium cabbage, sliced into fine strips
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 red apples, finely sliced
- 1 tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 pomegranate, peeled and deseeded (throw skin and the pith; save seeds)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients except salt and pepper.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate.
- Can be made upto 5 hours in advance.
- Just before serving, add salt and pepper and toss the salad.