Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made these delightful cookies by accident one day when attempting to make Tolllhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies. I didn't use enough butter, put in too much flour, and added half a cup of milk (don't ask me what I was thinking there). The cookies rose in the oven and became, well, puffy! What looked funky tasted like heaven and thus, the Puffies were born, or um, baked! Enjoy these unique, delicious cookies!
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 a cup-1 cup milk (add enough milk so that the dough has the correct consistency, so it sticks together but is not wet)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2. Combine flour baking soda and salt in a bowl. DO NOT MIX YET!
- 3. Mix butter, dark brown sugar, confectioners sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a SEPERATE BOWL.
- 4. Combine both bowls and stir all of the used ingredients.
- 5. Add all of the chocolate chips.
- 6. Knead the dough with your hands into a nice consistnecy. Add the desired amount of milk based on the consistency of the dough. The crumbier your dough is, the more milk you will need. Mix in the milk with your hands.
- 7.Place on an UNGREASED cookiesheet using tablespoon size dough balls. Squish them down on the tray lightly with your palm and smooth the edges into a round shape.
- 8. Bake for about 10 mins or until desired.
- 9. Cool for 2 minutes.
- 10. Enjoy your puffies!