Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fancy appetizer made easy, but your company will think you cooked all day!
- 1 puff pastry (not phillo dough)
- 1 brie round
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- egg wash
- kitchen string
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a skillet and brown pecans just until the oil is released (about 3-5 min) set aside.
- Roll puff pastry out on a floured board.
- Place 1 round of brie in the center of the pastry.
- top with the pecans, brown sugar, 1/8 tsp cinnamon.
- Bring the tips of the pastry up to the top to form a bag and seal in the brie.
- Tie the top of the bag with kitchen string.
- Brush the bag with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Very yummy - not sure about the sugar, wasn't in the oven long enough to melt it, and crunchy sugar seemed slightly wrong, but still tasty. Might melt the sugar with the pecans beforehand next time, or even substitute an onion chutney instead. Will definitely do again for a dinner party