1/2 Photos of Puerto Rican Rice and Beans (Pink Beans)
Michelle Figueroa's Note:
Again, another recipe from my boyfriend. The Goya brand products in this recipe can usually be found in the international section or Mexican section of your grocery store. Although I use Pink Beans for this recipe, please feel free to substitute Goya Kidney Beans or Pinto Beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml ham, chopped into small cubes
- 29.58 ml goya sofrito sauce
- 29.58 ml goya recaito
- 4.92 ml minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 439.41 g can goya pink beans, undrained
- 236.59 ml water
- 59.14 ml tomato sauce (plain)
- 2 g envelope goya sazon goya, con culantro y achiote
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 0.25 ml salt
- 1 small potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 29.58 ml manzanilla olives, sliced (or 6 to 10 whole manzanilla olives)
- 473.18 ml cooked white rice, medium grain (Cook according to packaged directions)
- 1Heat oil in saucepan on medium. Add ham and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add Sofrito, Recaito and garlic and sauté another 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender and beans are desired thickness.
- 4Serve over hot rice.
- 5Tip: We eat this with a slice or two of avocado, which is traditionally how rice and beans are served in Puerto Rico.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puerto Rican Rice and Beans (Pink Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.4
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 650.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: