Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
For camping with your pudgie-pie maker or your at home electric sandwich maker. Yummy
- 1 (4 ounce) package crescent roll dough
- 4 -6 caramels
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 -6 pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and divide in half.
- Each section will consist of two triangles.
- Roll out each half into a 5 x 8-inch rectangle.
- Cut in half to make four 5 x 4-inch pieces.
- Place one piece in each side of a buttered cooker.
- Top with half the caramels, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Close the cooker and cook 3-4 minutes over medium coals.
- Pudgie turtles will be golden brown, gooey on the inside, and very rich!
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Electric Sandwich Makers: Follow above instructions, cook just a few minutes in a preheated sandwich or snack maker until turtles are golden brown, and chocolate and caramel are melted.
These were very yummy. They are also simple to make. I left the pecans out for the kids since they don't like nuts. Unfortunately a storm came up and didn't get to try more with the pecans. I will make these again when camping and at home in my sandwich maker. Great recipe, thanks for posting Tish.
I was a little confused by the servings--it made 2 pies and the recipe says serves 4-- so I assume 1 serving is 1/2 pie. Of course, the problem is TRYING to convince DH to cut his in half.....IMPOSSIBLE! I might use a little less chocolate next time as they were definitely stuffed to the max. Nevertheless, a very tasty recipe, very fun to make. I've always used bread with the pie makers but the croissants tasted great!
We had fun making these while camping over the weekend. They're very rich so we cut them into little slices and shared among a bunch of us. I really liked the crescent roll crust idea and might try it with other fillings.