Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
adapted from Gale Gand's Just a Bite cookbook...this is a chewy moist fruit and nut bar...which bakes up with a crackly brown sugar crust...
- Butter a 9x13 pan and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Beat the eggs until light and fluffy.in a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.or you can use a hand mixer.
- Add the granulated sugar and mix well.
- Add the flour, salt and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the prunes by hand.
- Spread the pecans in a single layer in the prepared pan.
- Pour the batter over the pecans.
- Bake until the center feels set and a top crust forms -- about 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack until room temperature.
- Use a serrated knife with a sharp point to cut into 1 1/2" squares, wiping your knife clean often.