Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
Another delicious splenda recipe. This makes for a great dessert or a filling protein alternative. For those of you who don't already know, unsweetened cocoa is rich in antioxidants and high in fiber. Peanut butter is cholesterol-free, rich in vitamin E, niacin and iron. I buy 16 0z to-go cups w/ lids at Costco and I enjoy one of these on a morning where I am very rushed and need something hot and filling and healthy calories. You can use soy milk instead if you prefer.
- Heat milk to very hot in mug.
- Add peanut butter and stir until melted (use a mini hand blender if you have one).
- Add splenda and cocoa and stir well.
- Top off with marshmallows before serving.
- Another option, if you want a creamier texture, use a blender to mix well before heating.
Pretty healthy and would make a good breakfast on the go. I found it a bit bitter, a little more splenda or sugar would have been more to my taste. With a hint of peanut butter flavor, I was suprised that the kids didn't like it; however, mine gave it three thumbs down. I'll just save this one for me. Thanks for sharing the recipe!