Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm back to my power walks...found this recipe on the internet. They are a real nice change from protein shakes all the time. The amount of balls may vary with the actual size you make.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup corn flakes, plain
- 3⁄4 cup powdered soy protein concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
- Combine all but coconut. Work with your hands to combine well.
- Scoop out spoonfuls and roll into golf ball sized balls.
- Roll in coconut to coat.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to one week.
great snack for anyone at any time of the day
Yummy! I served these with apple slices, and they went great together. When making these, I found that I needed more than 1 cup of peanut butter to make the ingredients hold together, but that is probably because I used crunchy style. One more note - I got more that 14 balls out of this (but that's a good thing!). Thanks for providing a tasty way to eat that soy protein powder.
This was very good. I especially liked how the peanut butter masked the taste of my protein powder. Only change I made was using bran flakes (had no corn flakes) which gave it a nice crunch. Thanks, Happy!