Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
This was posted in a supermarket magazine as a suggestion as a half-time snack for the upcoming Football World Cup. I thought it looked good and posted it here for safekeeping and to share. A bit like a quesadilla.
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 6 ounces italian prosciutto (150gr)
- 7 ounces gruyere cheese, thinly sliced (200gr)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- arugula (rocket) (optional)
- Place half of the tortillas flat onto a work surface.
- Divide the prosciutto ham between them and top with the gruyere.
- Top with the four remaining tortillas.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet, add one tortilla sandwich at a time and cook on medium heat for approximately 2-3 minutes before carefully turning and cooking the other side for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and keep warm whilst cooking the remaining tortillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with fresh arugula/rocket.