Recipe by seahorse73
Recipe created by chef Charlie Trotter Grill the bread, that is the only cook time!!! Saw this on Oprah the other day, made it and it was great with a glass of wine!!!!!!!
- 8 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups watercress, cleaned and thick stems discarded
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic and brush on the sourdough bread.
- Grill the sourdough bread over a moderate flame until the bread is toasted.
- Arrange some of the proscuitto, cheese and watercress in between two slices of bread and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut in half on the diagonal.