Recipe by marisk
I'm posting it here so I don't lose it...sounds interesting! The cook times are estimates ... times weren't available on the website.
- 2 slices crusty artisan bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter only one side of the slices of bread.
- Lay the buttered side down on one slice of bread.
- Build up the sandwich with the mozzarella, prosciutto, tomato, basil, and pesto.
- Top with the 2nd slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a pan to medium heat.
- Add in the oil. Carefully lay in the sandwich and cook, browning each side, about 3 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Slice in half and enjoy.