Recipe by Rita P
These can be made fresh each time you make them or you can use the dough from the previous time for a slightly sourdough taste, that improves with age.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut shortening into flour, add buttermilk.
- Work lightly, pat out and cut.
- Bake at 400* F.
- Now, so that our biscuits will get continuously better from day to day, each time you make biscuits save a piece of dough about the size of 1 or 2 biscuits and drop into 1 cup buttermilk.
- Each time thereafter, add buttermilk and this piece of dough to mixture, filling the pitcher back up and save in refrigerator until next time.
- This can go on indefinitely.