Recipe by Chef Penn State
Low fat and good for you, this recipe is a simple inclusion into your diet and is even great for those that just want something light to eat.
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup stock, without fat
- 4 large green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced on the diagonal
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flank steak in the freezer until partially frozen. Slice diagonally into very thin strips, cutting across the grain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, apple juice concentrate, soy sauce, sherry, and 1/4 cup of stock.
- Marinate the meat strips in the mixture for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.(the longer, the better).
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the remaining stock over high heat. Add the vegetables and stir-fry quickly, no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan, leaving the center empty.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and stir-fry quickly.
- Add any remaining marinade, stir until thickened, and then stir in the vegetables.