Recipe by VER(Sachi)
This recipe comes from my grandmother, who taught my mother, who in turn taught me. It's great anytime, cold or hot, for just you or to feed a whole house!
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Spring PAC 2010 and I really wondered how this would taste being so simple to prepare...out of this world! I did toast the pine nuts and cut down a little on the olive oil but oh......so good. I put some in a alfredo sauce and DH almost licked the platter clean. Thank you for an easy and tasty recipe.
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil (tightly packed)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor blend together the nuts, garlic and salt to a paste.
- Add the basil and begin blending while simultaneously slowly drizzling in the oil.
- Stir in the cheese by hand in the bowl with which you plan to serve the sauce inches.
- Bon Apetite!
- NOTE- walnuts can be substituted for the pine nuts.