Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from my grandmother, who taught my mother, who in turn taught me. It's great anytime, cold or hot, for just you or to feed a whole house!
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil (tightly packed)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor blend together the nuts, garlic and salt to a paste.
- Add the basil and begin blending while simultaneously slowly drizzling in the oil.
- Stir in the cheese by hand in the bowl with which you plan to serve the sauce inches.
- Bon Apetite!
- NOTE- walnuts can be substituted for the pine nuts.
Made this for Spring PAC 2010 and I really wondered how this would taste being so simple to prepare...out of this world! I did toast the pine nuts and cut down a little on the olive oil but oh......so good. I put some in a alfredo sauce and DH almost licked the platter clean. Thank you for an easy and tasty recipe.
This is my second time of making pesto and this was as good as the first one I made. I was glad to see an amount giving for the olive oil. I had to guest on the first one and it was a little to thick. I'll be making this one again. Thank you for posting.