Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Select a medium sized squash that will fit into the pressure cooker even when cut in half. If the squash is larger, simply cook it in two batches. I have easily converted this recipe to oven with the same results
- Carefully cut squash in half the long way.
- Add 1 cup water to the bottom of the pressure cooker and add trivet.
- Place squash halves on trivet, cut side down.
- Cover pressure cooker and bring up to full pressure.
- Reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure Make the pesto sauce while the squash is cooking.
- Mince the garlic in a food processor.
- Add the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts and salt to taste and process until mixture is finely ground.
- Add the oil and process 20 seconds When the squash is cooked, scoop out and discard the seeds and spongy, deeper orange membrane.
- With a fork, rake out the strands of squash and transfer to a colander.
- Press lightly to remove some of the excess liquid.
- Transfer to a serving dish and toss with several tablespoons pesto sauce.
- Serve hot.
- Reserve the remaining pesto sauce for other uses if desired.
- (Any extra pesto can be refrigerated for several weeks in a tightly covered container).