Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is my recipe for cooking frozen peas or butter beans (Lima beans) in the pressure cooker. We put up purplehulls, crowders and butter beans from our spring garden (yes, we are Southerners), but this recipe works with any frozen legumes, either home frozen or store bought.
- 16 ounces frozen peas (Lima beans, or any legume)
- 2 slices hickory smoked bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt (mol to taste)
- Add all ingredients to 4 or 6 quart pressure cooker.
- Cover and bring to pressure, reducing heat when control starts to jiggle.
- Cook for 6 minutes, turn off heat and allow cooker to depressurize naturally.