Recipe by dripdripsplat
My friend Fred calls these preppy fajitas. I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I'm going to take it as a compliment. These are extremely good, but not your typical fajita. Be prepared to be amazed!
Top Review by bmcnichol
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I used regular lime juice as I didn't have key lime juice and less cilantro. We all enjoyed these. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
- 8 ounces per person boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2 green peppers, julienned
- 1 yellow onion, julienned
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice (I prefer Nellie and Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice)
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- salsa (to garnish, I prefer Herdez Salsa Verde)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- fajita tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime juice, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, pepper, cumin, oregano and salt in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
- Add in chicken.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours, mushing the bag occasionally. (I put the bag into a bowl, just in case it leaks, and generally marinade it for 12 hours).
- Saute green peppers and onion in oil until the onions are translucent and the green peppers still slightly crisp.
- Add in marinated meat.
- Cook until meat is done.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa and sour cream.