Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe on the back of a Breadshop brand Pralines 'n Cream Granola cereal box. Ingredients and instructions are theirs. They don't give a yield or prep time, so I'm making a guess. I'm not a big fan of fruit so I haven't tried this one yet, but thought someone else may like the recipe. I may try making this over the holidays. I had never heard of Breadshop granola and found this cereal at a small local market. I'm guessing that any kind of granola cereal would work, so you can choose the flavor you prefer if pralines and cream isn't available. I'm also not a big health nut so when I do make this, I will probably use butter instead of the Hain Safflower Margarine (which I've never heard of!) :)
- 2365.9 ml sliced peeled apples
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml breadshop pralines 'n cream granola cereal
- 29.58 ml flour
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 88.74 ml hain safflower margarine, melted
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss peeled sliced apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and flour.
- Place into 8x10x2 baking dish.
- Combine safflower margarine, brown sugar and flour.
- Add cinnamon and granola and mix well.
- Evenly distribute over apple mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until apples are tender and topping is crisp.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Delicious!! My family really loved this quick and easy dessert. The crunchy granola topping was our favorite part. I couldn't find the brand of granola called for in the recipe, so I used an almond granola and it worked perfectly. Also, I ended up baking it for 45 mins. (covering with foil so the top wouldn't get too dark). We loved this and I will be making it again. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I made this for PAC spring 2007.