Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
They are sweet and delicious. Great for breakfast but they taste almost like a dessert.
Make and share this Praline-Peach Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh peach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter (cold) or 1 tablespoon margarine (cold)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- To make Pecan Topping: Cut 1 tablespoon cold butter into 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 1/4 cup chopped pecans (last three ingredients), using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until crumbly. Set aside.
- Beat brown sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and egg in large bowl with fork. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt just until flour is moistened. Fold in peaches and pecans.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be almost full). Sprinkle with Pecan Topping.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.
- Cool and enjoy.
I can't fairly rate this recipe because of two things. I had the most sour peaches. They didn't even have a brown pit in them. All's I saw when I cut one open to take a pic was white seeds with a hard area around them. You MUST have good juicy peaches for this! I originally was going to try with canned peaches and I wish I had of. Also, I am not a good proof reader and I was mixing away with my mixer when I saw "mix with a fork". Make sure not to make that mistake. I know that caused a texture problem. I plan to make these again the right way, once I get my hands on some juicey peaches!