Prep 12 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bake pecans on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Bring butter, brown sugar, and cream to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often; boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add toasted pecans; stir gently 3 minutes or until frosting begins to cool and thicken slightly.